Shooting my new Kammerlader (Kammerlader)

av PommyB @, Spokane, Washington, USA, onsdag 2. juli 2014, kl. 17:12 (1294 dager siden)

I apologise for posting this in English, but my Norwegian is extremely limited, & I wanted to share this with the folk who may not go to the English language section of the forum.
I finally found time to get my Kammerlader cleaned up & she's working beautifully now. The dark finish on the wood & metal appears to have been a coating of soot/grime, so I think the rifle may have spent some years in a smoky environment.
I decided on a bullet mould from Accurate Molds in Utah, it is quite close to the original in body shape, but has a small flat on the nose rather than a point & is also heavier than the original at 695gns. I haven't done a lot of experimenting with load combinations yet, but have found that 95gns of KIK 1.5Fg, a 1/4" 12g felt wad seated on the powder, & the above mentioned bullet fill the length of the chamber just nicely. The bullet diameter was a little loose in the chamber, so I correct that by using a brown paper disc as a 'sabot' & that is keeping the bullet nicely centered. For lube I am using a product available in North America called Udderly Smooth, which is a cream originally designed for cow's udders but is also sold as a hand cream/lotion. It does a great job of lubricating & keeps the BP fouling down to a minimum.
I was up in Alberta, Canada this past weekend for the annual Victorian Rifleman Shoot, organized through British Militaria Forums. I shot the Kammerlader at 100yds, prone without a sling. The group was off to the left, but most of the thirteen shots would have comfortably fit in the black of the B-17 target, so I was fairly pleased with the result.....just need to fine tune the sights a little more!
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on my loading technique, expected accuracy, etc.

Hele tråden:

RSS på tråd