Muzzle Loading Sporting Rifles Converted to Rolling Block

Started by Rudybolla, 08. June 2015 kl. 9:29:27

Previous topic - Next topic


I have recently acquired an interesting rifle that was imported from Sweden.  The importer also brings in guns from Norway through same agents.  The rifle is what appears to be a muzzleloader converted by a gunsmith into a rolling block cartridge rifle.  It has a 35.5" hand forged octagonal barrel, full length stock and is built on a Swedish M70 Cavalry Carbine action and buttstock.

A few years ago I was considering buying a similar rifle out of one of the Scandinavian countries, but costs were prohibitive for individual.  The seller did tell me that these guns had a special name (gunsmith conversions).  Does anyone know that name?  Photos below.


A shooter in Sweden says he believes the term for these guns may be Allmogevapen.

Allmoge= peasant, country people, country folk

Vapen= weapon

Makes a certain kind of sense.