Swedish M1775 cavalry

Started by Wiley, 06. June 2016 kl. 18:45:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiley

I got a change to shoot the M1815 cavalry model.

Since these seem to be quite expensive and for continuous training I would prefer musket made out of modern steel, has anyone made replicas of these? Are there good drawings available for a build or which of the Pedersoli replicas would be the best to start with?

Wiley

Now I'm considering to build this musket from scratch. Has anyone ever disassembled the whole musket and taken good pictures and/or measusements of the parts?

The barrel would be Lothar Walther half choke 12 gauge shotgun barrel (~18 mm) turned into the right contour. What are the barrel dimensions? Does anyone know the original plug thread type?

jæger justnæs

Wouldn't it be easiest to take measures from the original one at hand?
I reckon it's a rather long shot to assume there are drawings available for reconstruction. Nice looking piece :-)
Best når det smeller!

Wiley

Unfortunately I have to find out who the owner is and ask if I can take some measurements. Still I'm not sure if the owner is willing to dissassemble the whole gun just for this.

Wiley

Luckily I found out who the owner is and now I am able to take some measurements and closer pictures. Unfortunately the topic is not correct, since the musket is model 1775 cavalry.

jæger justnæs

Ah, I read the first post as if you owned the musket.
I really hope you get a chance to make a copy, Wiley.
Changing the thread title, please let me know if you want me to edit it :-)
Best når det smeller!

jæger justnæs

I have an M1778 Dragongevär in what they called pistol caliber, somewhere around .62. As I understand they used small bores for some of the models for dragoons and cavalry. Do you have any idea of the caliber on the 1775?
Best når det smeller!

Wiley

Thanks for the topic. The caliber is 16 mm. Therefore, 16 gauge full choke shotgun barrel would be good. I'll get more images and information probably next week.

Wiley