8x58RD Rolling Block smokeless?

Started by b75d, 03. April 2021 kl. 19:44:22

Previous topic - Next topic

b75d

Hi All,

I'm new here and just came across this great forum. Thank you for letting me register here.

I've allready a question that rised in my head 2 weeks ago. I have a Danish Rolling Block rifle, converted from military to sporting/hunting. These rifles are ussually converted to nitro/smokeless powder in the 1891/1896 and have the conversion date on the right side of the chamber/barrel. This rifle is also 8x58RD but doesn't have the conversion date on the barrel? Does somebody know if this rifle is capable of using nitro/smokeless powder (normal to light loads of VV N140 with a 210Grn lead bullet)
I bought this rifle one month ago but since Covid I've not been able to shoot it yet.
Who can help me out with this? I know this rifle is a constant source of discussion but I've not found my questions answered on the internet.

Thank you,
Boris

jæger justnæs

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
I suspect this thread will be closed. This is a strict black powder only forum.
Regards from Tor  :)
Best når det smeller!

b75d

Hi Tor,

Thank you. The reason I ask I want to know if this is a "blackpowder only" rifle. Especially the one I have. I know they can be used with VV N140, that's the reason I mentioned this VV smokeless powder. I want to know if a non converted rifle is also able to safely shoot smokeless powder, if it can it's not a "blackpowder only" rifle.

With kind regards,
Boris

Øyvind F.

Like jæger jusntæs says, only black powder-related discussions are allowed here. Since it's a Danish rifle I'd suggest you post your question in a Danish forum such as: https://nordisk-forum.dk/

I'll close the thread and move it to the English section.
Øyvind F. - forum admin
Ta også en kikk på kammerlader.no.