Olaf Strömdahl, barrelmaker? Örebro

Started by DaJoPa, 25. May 2013 kl. 18:47:51

Previous topic - Next topic

DaJoPa

Hello,

Can anyone give me information about Olaf Strömdahl(Strömdal) 1759-1810 who was probably a barrelmaker at the Gevärsfaktori in Örebro.
I found his mark(Der Neue Stöckel, p1232, mark8301) on the barrel of my Danish/Norwegian M1774/41/51 infantry-rifle. The rifle was origanally build as a flitlock musket in about 1780 at the Kronborg Gevaersfabrik in Denmark.
Does anyone know if the Örebro Gevärsfaktori produced barrels for the Kronborg Gevaersfabrik?

Greetings,

Dajopa

Øyvind F.

Do you have a picture of the marking? It sounds a bit unlikely to me that the Swedish supplied musket barrels to their old enemies Denmark. It could have been taken from a captured musket, but Sweden and Denmark did not fight any wars between 1720 and 1788. If indeed it is Swedish the barrel could also have been purchased through foreign agents and not directly from Sweden.
Øyvind F. - forum admin
Ta også en kikk på kammerlader.no.

DaJoPa

Hello Ovind,

It seemed very unlikely to me also, therefore my question. The mark looks identical to the mark in Der Neue Stöckel. In the book Haanskydevaabens Bedömmelse of J.F. Stöckel comes the mark with a year. That is in the same period as the marks on the lock. The barrel seems to be the original one, as far as I can judge that. I will try to make a picture of the mark, it is very small. When I have a picture, how can I post it?

Greetings,

Dajopa

Øyvind F.

>  When I have a picture, how can I post it?

You can post pictures by clicking the Upload button (this only applies to user that are logged in):

Øyvind F. - forum admin
Ta også en kikk på kammerlader.no.

jæger justnæs

Interesting subject, looking forward to the pictures :-)
Best når det smeller!