Recent posts

Stevner / Re: Skyteseanse på Blikshavn
Last post by volcanic - Yesterday at 17:29:00
Kjenner ørlite på misunnelsen nå, må jeg innrømme :D  Du får lage en tråd om den der, for det var en mektig fin børse!

Bra innlegg ellers også, fint å se at det er aktivitet ;)
Stevner / Skyteseanse på Blikshavn
Last post by runastav - Yesterday at 16:28:38
Hallo Godtfolk! Vi i den harde kjerne HP svartkruttgruppen hadde et lite stevne på Blikshavn idag. Ingen supre resultat, utenom Alf Jostein sine 91 p på 100m med Gibbs.Jeg fikk prøvd min Alexsander Henry kal 557-450, men her må jeg nok forske endel før jeg er fornøgd!
Runar
Muzzleloading / Re: Swedish flintlock rifle
Last post by Mitsu - 03. May 2024 kl. 14:16:25
wow 😍, your 1815-20 is really magnificent in my eyes and what's more with the saber bayonet and its scabbard !!!

really congratulations 👍

No I don't plan to restore it, it's very good like that I think.

In addition I know a little about his history, he was brought back in the luggage and remained with the same large family from Paris to France for all this time, until by chance but also by negotiation he arrived at my house!
I say to myself surely thanks to this he may have escaped the transformation into model 1815/38 or even percussion.

Regards from France.
Mitsu
Last post by Harald - 03. May 2024 kl. 13:24:19
You will find some photos of my m/1815-20 near the bottom here:

https://forum.svartkrutt.net/index.php/topic,4763.msg4763.html#msg4763

(And pls. don't do like «The Americans» - they tend to "restore" all fine antiques, and blue all guns  ;) ... The story documented in the "wear and tear" disappears, and the final result might not be historically correct either.)

Last post by Mitsu - 03. May 2024 kl. 10:06:36
Thank you for the clarification .  I found some photos of the Model 1811 on digitalmuseum and indeed the stock is almost black on these.  I hope to have information on the black/blue or brown color of certain elements, screws, flintlock.....
I saw a model I believe M1815-20 shorter with rifled barrel including the flintlock and  the barrel was patinated black/brown.

Regards
Muzzleloading / Re: Information on Gunmaker 'D...
Last post by to-har - 03. May 2024 kl. 7:04:25
Carl Heinrich Delcomyn was a Danish gunmaker. He lived from 1800 to 1864. He was a military gunmaker but also made many fancy guns for rich civilians. If you google his name you will get more information but you may need to learn Danish.
Muzzleloading / Information on Gunmaker 'Delco...
Last post by relic shooter - 02. May 2024 kl. 23:52:08
I have this high quality .36 cal. rifled percussion target pistol by Delcomy in Kiobenhaven & would appreciate any information on this gunmaker.

Note;
The 'fly' in this lock is located in a very fine slot cut into center of the tumbler instead on one of the tumbler's outer surfaces.
The mainspring also serves as the sear spring.
The Set-trigger is also finely built & will fire set or unset.     
Last post by Harald - 02. May 2024 kl. 19:59:59
To my knowledge, there are some minor diffences between the m/1811 and the m/1815. Both came «in the white» as far as I know, and were the very frist Swedish infanteri long guns (gevär) i the smaller «karbin-kaliber» 18,55 mm. On the m/1811 the ramrod was almost cyndrical, some sources states that the stock was stained all black (like the older long guns), the middle barrel band a little wider, and the bayonet a couple of cm longer; 54,24 cm. All info compared to the m/1815. I do not own the m/1811 myself, so I sure hope members with higher knowledge will fill me in :-)
Last post by Mitsu - 02. May 2024 kl. 17:15:47
hi Harald.

In the meantime I read on google that there were also "repairmodel" so I didn't really know anymore....
So thank you for those explanations.
This allows me to know the exact type of rifle.
The dimensions you give are exact and match my rifle.

What are the differences between a Model 1811 and 1815 please ?
I love this rifle, it's sturdy when I see the build quality of the flintlock plate !
I was wondering if some elements of these guns were not of a black/blue finish because I found traces of black/blue finish on the screws on the inside of the flintlock plate...

If someone could tell me about this (?) :D
Last post by Harald - 02. May 2024 kl. 15:45:43
Hei, Mitsu.
Ser ut til å være den svenske flintlåsmusketten «Gevär m/1815». Pipa er glattløpet med kaliber 18,55 mm. Total lengde skal være 147,5 cm og pipa 105,5 cm. Geværet er produsert ved Norrtälje Faktori (1623-1843). Forløperen var m/1811, og m/1815 ble senere ombygd og perkusjonert i flere varianter. En variant er m/1815-38 med et noe høyere baksikte på tangen, men din ser ut til å være den originale m/1815, og ikke 38-versjonen. Jeg kjenner ikke navnet på kontrolloffiserene. Noen kilder oppgir at PW kan være Per Wetterholm. Fin børse i god stand!

Hi Mitsu.
Seems to be the Swedish smoothbore flintlock musket «Gevär m/1815», cal 18,55 mm. Total lenght 147,5 cm, barrel 105,5 cm. Made by Norrtälje Faktori (1623-1843). Its forerunner was the m/1811, and the m/1815 was later rebuilt i several percussion variants. One variant is  the m/1815-38 with a higher tang sight, but your musket seems to be the original and not the -38 variant. The letters CAV and PW are final proof markings belonging to some for me unknown officers. PW supposed by some sources to be Per Wetterholm. Nice specmien in great condition!