02. December 2020 kl. 2:01:46
forum.svartkrutt.net

Author Topic: Norwegian M 64/98 Lefaucheaux  (Read 4969 times)

19. June 2016 kl. 18:56:31
Read 4969 times

krinko

Most of an M 64/98---

I have a donor pistol which could supply the loading gate, ejector and front sight but there aren't any of the top straps lying around loose in the USA.
If I can exist on a diet of cat food for a couple of months, I can afford to have this part fabricated locally. So the situation isn't hopeless.

Here is the donor, a regular M1864 in only fair condition.

Anyone with any tales to tell about the Norwegian Lefaucheaux, please tell them here.
Information is hard to come by, even on the internet.

-----krinko

20. June 2016 kl. 21:57:24
Reply #1

krinko

In case you might not know, here is what a complete M64/98 Lefaucheaux looks like---

-----krinko

22. June 2016 kl. 8:51:55
Reply #2

jæger justnæs

I don't have much to contribute with here but I would recommend having the missing parts made rather than using a donor. That will only leave another revolver with missing parts ;-)

There are some threads on restoring av shooting the military and civilian pinfire revolvers on the Norwegian forum. Some requires log in. They are in Norwegian, I would recommend a crash course in Norwegian and/or Google Translate. I hope you find it useful and inspiring.
Swedish Lefaucheux M1863 restoration
Norwegian Lefaucheux M1858/1859
Lefaucheux revolvers in general -  info and useful tips on how to load

Best of luck with your project(s)!

Regards, Tor
Best når det smeller!

23. June 2016 kl. 2:19:26
Reply #3

jke

You would be really lucky if the loading gate fits, most all were hand fitted.
But all in all, Brining it back to life will be worth it, I paid a fortune for mine.

23. June 2016 kl. 6:54:44
Reply #4

Staffy

Hi krinco,
         Jean Plamondon, p.s. militaria, Quebec Province, has  one of these for sale. But, there is the usual problem of getting military stuff out of Canada. Good luck!